We know that you care about your personal data and how it is used, and we want you to trust that Praxas uses your personal data carefully
PRAXAS – PRIVACY STATEMENT
Last update: May 2018
This Privacy Statement will help you understand what personal data we collect, why we collect it and what we do with it.
WHO IS COLLECTING YOUR DATA?
Any personal data provided to or collected by Praxas B.V., Hoeksteen 5, 4815 PR, Breda, The Netherlands. This Privacy Statement applies to personal data collected by Praxas in connection with the services and products we offer.
WHAT PERSONAL DATA IS BEING COLLECTED?
Personal data means any information that can be used to identify directly or indirectly a specific individual. You are not required to provide Praxas the personal data that we request, but if you choose not to do so, we may not be able to provide you with our products or services, or with a high quality of service or respond to any queries you may have. We may collect personal data from a variety of sources. This includes:
- Personal data you give us directly
- Personal data we collect automatically through our website or webshop
Personal data means any information that can be used to identify directly or indirectly a specific individual. This definition includes personal data collected offline, through direct marketing campaigns, and online through our website and webshop.
You may be asked to provide your personal data when you are in contact with us. Praxas may share this personal data with our official suppliers and use it in a manner consistent with this Privacy Statement. We may also combine it with other information to improve our products, services, content, and advertising.
You are not required to provide Praxas the personal data that we request, but if you choose not to do so, we may not be able to provide you with our products or services, or with a high quality of service or respond to any queries you may have.
Ways in which we collect your personal data
We may collect personal data from a variety of sources. This includes:
Personal data you give us directly
We collect data when you buy a product at Praxas, when you create an account for our webshop, when you sign up for our newsletter, when you give us a phone call, or when you contact us or give us your personal data in another way. Personal data we collect that you gave us directly:
- Company name
- Company address
- Username and password
- Phone number
- E-mail address
- Creditcard- or other payment data
- Date of birth
- Other personal data you give us voluntarily
Personal data we collect automatically
HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
We collect, process and disclose your personal data only for specific and limited purposes:
1. To develop our products and your experiences when you visit our website/webshop. Purposes:
- To process your payments, if you purchase our products, to provide you with your order status, deal with your enquiries and requests, and assess and handle any complaints;
- To process and answer your inquiries or to contact you to answer your questions and/or requests;
- To develop and improve our products, services, communication methods and the functionality of our websites;
- To communicate information to you and to manage your registration and/or subscription to our newsletter or other communications;
- To manage our everyday business needs regarding your participation in our promotional activities or request;
- To authenticate the identity of individuals contacting us by telephone, electronic means or otherwise;
- For internal training and quality assurance purposes;
- To understand and assess the interests, wants, and changing needs of customers, to improve our website, our current products and services, and/or developing new products and services; and
- To provide personalised products, communications and targeted advertising as well as product recommendations to you.
You can unsubscribe at any time for receiving communication from us. All direct marketing communications that we send to you (such as newsletters) are provided with information and the means by which you can unsubscribe.
COMMUNICATION THROUGH E-MAIL, POST AND MOBILE TEXT MESSAGES
We give you choices about how we communicate with you.
You can stop receiving newsletters and promotional e-mails from Praxas by following the directions given in each received message.
You can stop receiving communication from Praxas by mail by following the instructions given in this communication.
Mobile tekst messages
We will only send you promotional mobile text messages when you register for this (opt-in). You can stop receiving promotional text messages by following the instructions in the text message program. You understand that your mobile carrier's standard rates apply to these messages, and that you can change your mind at any time by following the instructions in the Your rights section and who to approach. You certify that you are the owner or authorized user of the wireless device that you use to sign up for the mobile text messages, and that you are authorized to approve the costs.
Finally, we will respect your request to stop receiving promotional e-mail, text and post messages from Praxas. However, we can still send you service-related communications, such as e-mails confirming your purchases. We can also store information for administrative purposes.
WITH WHOM DO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
We share your personal data within Praxas, if this is necessary for use.
There are also a number of trusted third parties with whom we can share your personal data. In this respect:
• third parties who are required to deliver a product to you, such as an order or postal service for delivering a product that you have ordered
• Law enforcement or government services when they have followed a legal process to ask us to disclose the information
• web analytics tools, such as Google
We may also share your personal information in the following situations:
• To protect and defend the rights and property of Praxas (including supervising compliance with our terms and conditions).
• When required by law and / or government agencies.
If you have any questions, comments or concerns regarding the processing of personal data, you can read under "Your rights and who to approach" how you can contact us about this.
TRANSFER OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Unless otherwise stated, we process and store your personal data in the European Union. There will, however, be cases where we have to transfer your personal data outside the European Economic Area ('EEA') to a country that does not offer the same level of protection under European law as the country where you normally use your products and / or services. We will then take the necessary steps to ensure that your personal data are adequately protected. Such steps typically involve conducting data security assessments for potential recipients and drafting contracts with such recipients to ensure that they take the same or similar technical and organizational measures as Praxas, so that your data is adequately protected.
HOW LONG WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We do not store your personal data longer than is strictly necessary to realize the purposes for wich your personal data has been collected by us.
PROTECTING PERSONAL DATA
We take all reasonable precautions to protect your personal data and demand from third parties who treat or process your personal data for us to do the same. Access to your personal data is limited to prevent unauthorized access, modification or misuse and is only allowed to our employees on a need-to-know basis.
YOUR RIGHTS AND WHO TO APPROACH
If you have any questions, comments or questions about how we handle your personal data, you can contact us by asking your question on the contact page on the Praxas website / webshop where you were referred to this Privacy Statement. You have the right to inform us that:
• you no longer wish to be contacted by us
• you want to have a copy of the personal data we have about you
• You want us to correct, update or delete your personal data in our records
• you wish to withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal data
• you want to report abuse of your personal data
• you believe that there is a data leak
To assist us in processing your request, you must provide us with your full first and last name and contact details.
CHANGES TO OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT
We may change this Privacy Statement from time to time by posting the updated version of the Privacy Statement on the Praxas website / web shop. When we publish changes to this statement, we will update the date of the "latest update" at the top of this statement. In the case of extensive changes, we will make a more noticeable notification (including, for certain services, by sending an e-mail notification of the changes to the privacy statement). We will also store earlier versions of this privacy statement in an archive. We will not modify your rights under this privacy statement to the detriment of you without your consent.
OTHER PRIVACY STATEMENTS OF PRAXAS
In addition to this Privacy Statement, there may also be specific campaigns or actions for which additional privacy terms or statements apply. We encourage you to read these additional terms or statements before participating in such campaigns or promotions, as you must comply with them if you participate. Any additional privacy terms or statements will be made clearly available to you.